MADISON – Today, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission met to approve several key projects across the state including, but not limited to:
- Reconstruction of the Willow River State Park Little Falls Dam;
- Multi-building improvements project at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Union Grove;
- Authority to begin preliminary plans and design reports for University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee’s Northwest Quadrant Renovation project;
- Renovation of Kleinpell Fine Arts Abbott Concert Hall on the campus of University of Wisconsin – River Falls; and
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.