MADISON – Today, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission met to approve several key projects across the state including, but not limited to:
- The purchase of equipment, software, training, and technical support for a new broadcast automation system in Wisconsin Public Broadcasting’s Operations Center;
- Release $5 million GFSB grant for the completion of the St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care’s Bucyrus Campus;
- Renovation of Wittich Hall on the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse campus to create a new technology-rich home for the College of Business Administration, including the Small Business Development Center;
- Funding to acquire new and replacement equipment for the University of Wisconsin – Manitowoc Science Building and at the University of Wisconsin – Marshfield/Wood County Everette Roehl STEM Center; and
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Jill Billings; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.